Sunday, December 13, 2020

ANSWERS: 5-Star Stumper 5

It's been almost two weeks since my fifth "5-Star Stumper" puzzle was posted on this blog, and twelve people since then have successfully solved it, as you can see in the list below:

  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Cindy Heisler ****
  • Giovanni Pagano ****
  • Joe Bernard ****
  • Kevin Orfield ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • Tyler Hinman ****
  • Patrick Jordan ****
  • Stephen Potter ****
  • Mom ****
  • Lynn Sweeney ***
  • Adam Weaver ****
Now head below the break for the answers as well as a couple solvers' comments!


And here are the answers in text format:

STARS: 1) Alger, Movin', 2) Quarrel, Mya, 3) Leni, Mildew, 4) Pearls, Reap, 5) Libra, Hotel
RED STRIPE: Aqua, Reappear, Billed, Liminal, Germy

The white pentagons, when read from left to right and top to bottom, read out OLIVER ELLSWORTH

Never heard of him? I'm not surprised; all you need to know is that he was the last Supreme Court justice to be nominated by George Washington

Patron Grant Fikes found this bit of trivia: "Oliver Ellsworth got 11 electoral votes in the 1796 presidential election? That's almost as many as Walter Mondale in 1984. Impressive!"

Solver Adam Weaver said "I had a little trouble parsing the final answer, even with the grid filled in. My first pass I saw ELOLSWTHR then ELLSWTOHR then finally the correct one."

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for content. I like it and my site is different for your site. please visit my site. เล่นบาคาร่า

    ReplyDelete