Sunday, August 29, 2021

ANSWERS: Coined Phrases 5

If you've been keeping track of the number of puzzles on this site, then you should know that tomorrow will be my 350th puzzle! I won't say any more about it (even though it's already on my Patreon page), so until then, here are the fifteen people who have solved "Coined Phrases 5" from two weeks ago:

  • Grant Fikes
  • Cindy Heisler
  • Joe Bernard
  • Giovanni Pagano
  • Kevin Orfield
  • Tyler Hinman
  • Sam Levitin
  • Karen Spencer
  • Tamara Brenner
  • Meg Duvall
  • Michael Lebowitz
  • Mom
  • Lynn Sweeney
  • Mindy Moore
  • Peter Abide
Now head below the break for the answers as well as a few solvers' comments!

1) DEVIL
2) FAVRE
3) FILES
4) SERIF
5) SHARD
6) SLIDE

FRONT: FLASH
BACK: DRIVE

The technological tool is FLASH DRIVE

Solver Sam Levitin said "The exclusivity part of the puzzle is one I treat as a problem in graph theory. Like searching for the opposite of a connected component. And then, when there is some ambiguity as to the pairing, like A with either I or L, then that's a different logic problem.

I  am a bit surprised that I was unable to jump from the 10 letters directly to the answer. At one point I thought maybe the answer was not (5,5) but maybe could be (4,6) and still meet all your criteria.

It was a nice bit of brain exercise with a tiny bit of Google. Or maybe i should say GooGoo. 😀"

Similarly, Patron Joe Bernard said "It took constructing a 10 X 10 matrix but it finally fell into place."

Solver Kevin Orfield admitted "I don't know the Goo Goo Dolls answer, but fortunately 5/6 is plenty for this puzzle type."

No comments:

Post a Comment