Sunday, April 10, 2022

ANSWERS: Chain Reaction: Branching Out 4

About two weeks ago, I posted my fourth "Chain Reaction: Branching Out" puzzle, which I pointed out at the time as being possibly my hardest "Chain Reaction" variant. Despite that warning, thirteen of you still managed to successfully solve it:

  • Grant Fikes
  • Kevin Orfield
  • Tyler Hinman
  • Al Sisti
  • Wendy Walker
  • Mom
  • Sam Levitin
  • Lynn Sweeney
  • Peter Abide
  • Steven McKinney
  • Meg Duvall
  • Michael Lebowitz
  • Tamara Brenner
Now head below the break for the answers as well as a solver's comment!

ANSWERS: Back, Boxing, Carrier, Catalog, Chain, Dog, Gang, Gloves, Guard, Kangaroo, Kick, Letter, Members, Pain, Perfect, Pitcher, Plank, Point, Rail, Stand, Starting

Some of your answers' placements may vary

The seven-letter mode of transportation in the pink box is BICYCLE

Solver Sam Levitin said "I enjoyed this puzzle a lot. Ones similar to this are ones of my faves at Mystery Hunt. This puzzle has a fair few that can go both ways, so I had an answer but not all the blanks filled happily. I drew a multigraph and thought about the problem from the perspective of graph theory. But that's probably just the CS [computer science] geek in me."

No comments:

Post a Comment