Some words become different words when flipped around, such as PART and TRAP. The answers to this puzzle almost fit that description, but are a little off. To figure out what they are, fill in each space in the direction of the blue arrow with the answer to each corresponding numbered clue. Where a box is divided by a horizontal line, fill in a different letter below so that a new word is formed when read backwards through the pink arrow which matches one of the clues in the "Backward Words" section (listed in no particular order).
Once everything's filled out, the changed letters on the pink arrow, when read backwards, will spell out the FINAL ANSWER: the name of a computer game that has sold over 2 million copies
FORWARD WORDS (blue arrow)
1) The 7th Voyage of _____ (1958 adventure movie with a stop-motion cyclops)
2) Common material for dishwashing gloves
3) Revolving parts of tanks
4) Jackal-headed god who appears in the video game Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy
5) More hoarse-sounding, like a sled dog?
6) Descriptor of "planets" like Ceres and Eris
7) Closely-guarded recipe, e.g.
BACKWARD WORDS (pink arrow)
• 2006-2010 NBC series with characters such as Mohinder Suresh and Sylar
• Calf bone
• Electoral _____ (illegal act such as rigging votes)
• Foothold for a horse rider
• Put out a new printing of an album, say
• Something picked in a round of "She loves me, she loves me not"
• Wreckage remnants
Once you believe you've figured out the FINAL ANSWER, send it to either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (though I'm more likely to check the second one) and I'll put your name on a solvers list once I post the answers in about two weeks. You can also use those email addresses to give me some comments and feedback (or even ask for a hint, though you'll be marked as having used one if you do so) or send me the answer to last week's puzzle, if you haven't already figured it out. If you have a printer and want to solve this puzzle on paper, just head below the break for a link to a .PDF version which you can print out!
Post a Comment