Sunday, August 2, 2026

ANSWERS: Lucky Sevens 16

About two weeks have gone by since "Lucky Sevens 16" was posted on this blog, and an astounding twenty-one people have solved it since then! Take a look:

  • Grant Fikes
  • Cathy Bowen
  • Cindy Heisler
  • Joe Bernard
  • Pavel Curtis
  • Kevin Orfield
  • Okieboy2008
  • Michael Lebowitz
  • Sam Levitin
  • KeoFam
  • Patrick Jordan
  • Derek Allen
  • Wendy Walker
  • Chris Kochmanski
  • Nicholas Weaver
  • Lynn Sweeney
  • SquishmallowsUnited
  • Mom
  • Steve Gunter
  • Bart Gold
  • Ian Hunter
Now head below the break for the answers as well as a couple of solvers' comments!


The letters in the colored squares, when read in the correct order, spell out ANIMACY

The clue for SCHEMED contains the seed word CONSPIRED, suggested by Patron M. Sean Molley

I've had multiple solvers admit that they're unfamiliar with the word "animacy" (which basically describes how alive or sentient a noun is). For instance, Patron Cathy Bowen said "I didn’t know this word, and I’m a grammar lover!  Thanks for the addition to my vocabulary!", and solver Sam Levitin said "I'm surprised, as a little bit of a grammar nerd, that I had never heard of this word. I guess I have not studied the right languages."

No comments:

Post a Comment