Sunday, November 18, 2018

ANSWERS: Rebus Buster

Pictured above: one of the bosses to Mario & Luigi: SUPERSTAR Saga

It's been two weeks since my tribute to Classic Concentration, "Rebus Buster", was posted on this blog, and a whopping eleven people since then have successfully solved it, as you can see in the list below:
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • M. Sean Molley ****
  • Chris Hendricks ****
  • Tyler Hinman ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • Patrick Jordan ****
  • Mom ****
  • Eric Maddy ****
  • Lynn Sweeney ***
  • Dan Simonds ****
  • Debbie Benford ****
Now head below the break for the answers as well as some solver comments!

1) Aphrodite [AFRO + DIE + TEE]
2) Incubus [INK + CUBE + BUS]
3) Pennies [PEN + KNEES]
4) Plankton [PLANK + TON]
5) Rookie [ROOK + KEY]
6) Superstar [SOUP + PURSE + TAR]

The remaining pictures are SPY, ROW, DEED, RAG, and GUN, in that order, which combine to sound out SPYRO THE DRAGON

Box art depicting the versions of this game released 20 years ago and five days ago, respectively

When Patron M. Sean Molley said it was "A true classic!", I concurred, and also noted that I had already preordered the Reignited Trilogy that contains the HD versions of this game as well as its two followups. Apparently, that last bit was news to him, and he replied "I didn't know they were remastering it -- thanks for the heads-up! I assume it will be on the PS1 Classic, too, but an updated version would be great." [His comment was written before the PS1 Classic's lineup was completely revealed, and Spyro ultimately wasn't on there]

Solver Patrick Jordan said "Incidentally, I am also enjoying the reruns of Classic Concentration. Happily, I have Buzzr on my satellite system, and the show is on during my lunch hour. Thanks for the puzzle!"

Solver Sam Levitin showed his age by saying "I remember Concentration from the early 70's. What fun."

No comments:

Post a Comment