Sunday, May 24, 2020

ANSWERS: Diagramless Crossword 4

So you know how in my news post from two days ago that I wouldn't make any more posts on this blog until I got back to my work computer in my flood-devastated house? Well, the very next day after posting that, I managed to get a workaround for the time being: a new Windows-compatible laptop that I got from an out-of-town Best Buy (using curbside pickup, of course)! And I've also found a temporary place to stay in the form of my sister's house until my regular home becomes safe to live in once more! So for the time being, I'm gonna keep on doing this blog from my new location with my new laptop, and I'll let you all know about any other events that will occur in the future regarding my current situation!

So with all that said, here are the ten people that have solved "Diagramless Crossword 4" from about two weeks ago:
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Joe Bernard ****
  • Eric Maddy ****
  • Kevin Orfield ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • Stephen Potter ****
  • Patrick Jordan ****
  • Mom *
  • Pavel Curtis ****
  • Tyler Hinman **** (normally, if this post had gone up at its normal scheduled time of midnight EST, he wouldn't have made the deadline, but because of everything that I've been through these past several days, I've decided to put him on this list regardless)
Thanks to everyone who's currently supporting me through these hard times, either monetarily or spiritually! Now head below the break for the answers as well as a few solvers' comments!


The highlighted Across answers spell out SERPENT FROM KUNG FU PANDA, and the answer to that is MASTER VIPER (I also accepted entries of just plain VIPER)


Patron Joe Bernard found an alternate answer to the clue I've provided: "I had to do some research on this one and found two possible answers:

1.  In the movie version of KFP, there is a green tree viper called Master Viper.

2.  In the Nickelodeon series KFP, there is a cobra called Fu-xi.

I flipped a coin and went with the movie character." [I later assured him that due to the way that clue was worded, Fu-Xi also wound up being an acceptable answer (even though I hadn't heard of him prior to Joe's message), so full credit would've been granted either way]

Patron Grant Fikes "Had to look that up because I've never seen Kung Fu Panda, despite being a furry"

Similarly, solver Sam Levitin noted that "Maybe I should catch up [on] Kung Fu Panda while I'm sheltering in place."

No comments:

Post a Comment