Sunday, October 25, 2020

ANSWERS: Dial Tunes 2

It's been roughly two weeks since "Dial Tunes 2" was posted onto this blog, and thirteen people have solved it since then, as you can see in the following list:

  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Giovanni Pagano ****
  • Joe Bernard ****
  • Kevin Orfield ****
  • Tyler Hinman ****
  • Izak Bulten ****
  • Stephen Potter ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • Patrick Jordan ****
  • Debbie Benford ****
  • Mom ****
  • Laura-Leigh Mohr ****
  • Lynn Sweeney ***
Now head below the break for the answers as well as a couple solvers' comments!


And here's what the grid looks like after its circled letters have been decoded:

The song containing these lyrics is "WEREWOLVES OF LONDON" by Warren Zevon

Solver Izak Bulten said he "Didn't think I knew the song until I distinctly remembered its intro. I don't even remember where I heard it before, to be honest, but it's just the sort of thing your brain won't let you forget. Oddly enough, Kid Rock's "All Summer Long" has a (very) similar opening, though I doubt that's where I remember it from.

The synth-heavy Kidz Bop version of this song replaces the clued lyrics with "You better stay away from him / He'll scare you silly, Jim", for obvious reasons."

Patron Grant Fikes said the FINAL ANSWER was "Surprisingly, a song I've heard of. *furry fandom intensifies*"

No comments:

Post a Comment