Sunday, October 18, 2020

ANSWERS: Gryptics 4

The fourth pair of Gryptics that I've made two weeks ago was my most successful one yet, as an impressive fourteen people have solved it since its original posting, all of whom are listed below:

  • M. Sean Molley ****
  • Giovanni Pagano ****
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Cindy Heisler ****
  • Pavel Curtis ****
  • Tyler Hinman ****
  • Kevin Orfield ****
  • Stephen Potter ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • Mom ****
  • Lynn Sweeney ****
  • Morgan Chase ****
  • Izak Bulten ****
  • Debbie Benford ****
Now head below the break for the answers as well as a few solvers' comments!


The two words that combine to make a book title, highlighted above, spell out DOCTOR SLEEP (by Stephen King)

The official sequel to The Shining that also became a 2019 movie which next-to-no one saw

Patron M. Sean Molley said "I always enjoy these! Although Telekinetic Clairvoyance would make a very interesting title, I think I’ll go with DOCTOR SLEEP, seeing as how it is on my bookshelf. ;)

I’d say “telekinetic clairvoyance” is a good description for the shine, though, so I am guessing that wasn’t an accident. I guess you could say “The Shining” is a tragedy, and there’s probably a keyhole involved at some point in the Overlook Hotel ... so yeah, nice puzzle. :)"

Patron Pavel Curtis said "I don't read horror, so it was a bit of a struggle to find the final answer, but eventually I just decided to try going down the Wikipedia list of all of Stephen King's novels and, fortunately, that was the correct author! 😁"

Solver Kevin Orfield noted that "any number of word pairs would make excellent King titles. GRATUITOUS CLAIRVOYANCE, anyone?"

No comments:

Post a Comment