Sunday, June 2, 2019

ANSWERS: Chain Reaction: Extra Links 7

A fake screenshot for a fake Powerpuff Girls game for GAME BOY
(GAME BOY being part of this puzzle's chain)

Thirteen days have passed since "Chain Reaction: Extra Links 7" was posted on this blog, and a whopping eleven people since then have successfully solved it, as you can see in the list below:
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Pavel Curtis ****
  • Joe Bernard ****
  • Tyler Hinman ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • Patrick Jordan ****
  • Eric Maddy ****
  • Mom ***
  • Debbie Benford ****
  • Stephen Staver ****
  • Lynn Sweeney ****
Now head below the break for the answers as well as plenty of solver comments!


The letters in the orange squares above can be scrambled to spell out BACKLOG

According to Patron Pavel Curtis, "The last word to fall was RACING. I just couldn't think of any prefixes for STRIPES! Great fun! Thanks!"

Regarding the FINAL ANSWER, Patron Stephen Staver said "Someone has an overwhelming game library on their mind, it seems XD" [He's friends with me on Steam, where I have a buttload of games that I have yet to touch] Additionally, he had a "Personal note: For some reason, I had the hardest time coming up with the phrase “RACING STRIPES”. Hahah"

Similarly, Patron Tyler Hinman said that BACKLOG was "what I have when it comes to virtually all types of media."

Judging by those first two comments, this is clearly not a well-known movie...

Patron Joe Bernard said that "I was stuck on GO BLACK for the longest time.  Go figure....."

Solver Eric Maddy said "I'm a bit iffy, because 'racing game' seems a bit generic/not in the language as a phrase, but since everything else fits I'm assuming for the moment it is correct..."

No comments:

Post a Comment