Sunday, June 30, 2019

ANSWERS: Pent Words 13

Here's a late birthday treat: one of the episodes of Trivial PURSUIT: America Plays that I was on!
(PURSUIT being one of the answers in this puzzle)

It's been almost two weeks since "Pent Words 13" was posted on this blog, and eight people since then have successfully solved it, as you can see in the list below:
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Tyler Hinman ****
  • Stephen Staver ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • Eric Maddy ****
  • Patrick Jordan ****
  • Mom ***
  • Lynn Sweeney ****
Now head below the break for the answers as well as a couple solver comments!

If you look closely, you might see that I hid a picture of a three-leaf clover in this puzzle!
LUCKY makes up the stem, and the plus-shaped pieces with NINJA, BURST, and CITGO make up the leaves.

The two unclued pentominoes, highlighted above, spell out LUCKY BREAK

Patron Stephen Staver said "After fixing a rather annoying spelling of gingko (or ginkgo as it can also be spelled), I finally got my LUCKY BREAK with the final answer."

Solver Sam Levitin said "For some reason, I didn't notice this puzzle until I was looking for the next one. I guess I caught a LUCKY BREAK in solving it quickly." [He thought it was June 24 instead of June 17]

No comments:

Post a Comment