Sunday, March 21, 2021

ANSWERS: Pent Words 16

It's been close to two weeks since "Pent Words 16" was posted on my blog, and in case you couldn't tell by looking at the list below, there's been a big increase in the number of solvers for it. That's because Peter Abide from the X-Word Muggles Forum (the same site that linked to my most recent meta-crossword) contacted me about adding this very site to their "Calendar of Puzzles", and I accepted! That means that I now show up there on every Monday as a "Variety Meta-Puzzle"! So thank you, Peter, and thanks as well to the members of the X-Word Muggles who decided to give my site a shot!

Also, if you remember last week's answer post regarding the possible implementation of a newer, simpler hint system, I've decided to hold off on it for at least one more week, since I only got one piece of feedback out of it so far (from Grant Fikes, and that was after I told him about it via email). Perhaps I'll hear more of you folks' opinions if I include it in tomorrow's puzzle post, so that's what I'll do. I can't wait to hear what you guys think about that proposal, but until then, here are the whopping nineteen people that solved my latest "Pent Words":

  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Cindy Heisler ****
  • Joe Bernard ****
  • Kevin Orfield ****
  • Tyler Hinman ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • Mom ****
  • Karen Spencer ****
  • Kitchendiva ****
  • Elliott Frankfother ****
  • Bonnie Veenschoten ****
  • Peter Abide ****
  • Lynn Sweeney ***
  • Dannyvee ****
  • Pavel Curtis ****
  • Patrick Jordan ****
  • Giovanni Pagano ****
  • Debbie Benford ****
  • Dan Simonds  ****
Now head below the break for the answers as well as a couple solvers' comments!


The two unclued pentominoes, highlighted above, spell out RODEO CLOWN

New solver Karen Spencer had originally submitted "CLOWN RODEO" as her answer, but since I didn't specify that it was a common two-word phrase, I decided to exploit my own loophole and give her full credit anyway. In response, she said "Haha oops! I was so excited to have the words that I didn't think much about putting them together. To me, CLOWN RODEO sounded more logical, as I've never used either phrase...wouldn't a RODEO CLOWN be one who performed at a CLOWN RODEO? ;-)"

Solver Kevin Orfield managed to send me the correct answer only six minutes after this puzzle got posted on here. In response to me pointing that feat out, he said "Thanks to Grant's blog, I've gotten pretty good at pent words puzzles. :)"

No comments:

Post a Comment