Sunday, January 27, 2019

ANSWERS: Color Wheels 2

A Goomba holding a RACKET (one of the answers to this puzzle)

Neat animation, huh? Anyhoo, before I reveal who solved "Color Wheels 2", I wanted you to know that I've added my first goal to my Patreon page! Right now, I'm at $19 monthly, so if I get at least $20 a month, I'll add a second Patreon-exclusive puzzle every month! Okay, so it's not a very good goal, as it only applies to the three people that currently support me at the $5 level, so let me know in the comments or through email if there are any better goals that I can add in addition to the one I've already set. Now with that bit of news out of the way, here are the nine people that solved my puzzle from thirteen days ago!
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Pavel Curtis ****
  • Eric Maddy ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • Tyler Hinman ****
  • Mom ****
  • Debbie Benford ****
  • Lynn Sweeney ***
  • Dan Simonds ****
Now head below the break for the answers as well as some solver comments!


The two unclued answers (highlighted above in yellow) spell out DANGER MOUSE


Patron Pavel Curtis said "I learned *so many* pop-culture facts from this one (without, I'm proud to say, doing any web searching until *after* I had completely solved the puzzle)! 😁"

Patron Tyler Hinman said "Things I did not know: 1) This is a British show; 2) This was recently revived. Also, a minor point: At the end of the instructions, I think you meant "blue" where you said "red."" I corrected that last bit as soon as he brought it up.

Before he ultimately got the FINAL ANSWER, solver Sam Levitin saw an error in one of my clues: "I suspect that you meant Lassie's breed (COLLIE) and not Lassie's species (LUPUS, as in Canine lupus). I've fit COLLIE into the grid based on COL---, but there are a lot of words I don't know yet." Sure enough, it was indeed COLLIE, but it was too late for me to change the clue to "Lassie's breed" instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment