PENT WORDS #2
For this puzzle, you must divide the grid into pentominoes (they’re kinda like Tetris pieces, except they’re areas made up of five squares each) and put a letter in each cell. The rows, reading from left to right, will contain the words hinted at by the ACROSS clues. The letters in the pentominoes, reading left to right beginning with the top row, will form the words hinted at by the PENTOMINOES clues; these clues are presented in no particular order. (In the example above, the rows spell out CHINS, PARTY, and ANKLE, and the pentominoes spell out the words CHINA, STYLE, and PRANK.) Use the across answers to figure out where the pentominoes go.
ACROSS (two answers per row)
1) Japanese name of an Oscar-winning movie with the FINAL ANSWER as a character / "Penny _____" (Retired Price Is Right game)
2) Sitting Bull, for one / "_____ the Sheriff"
3) Housework that kids hate doing / Bird that sounds like Stimpy's friend
4) Nightmare _____ (1997 Disney computer game) / Indian turnovers
5) _____mite (One of two NES games that used R.O.B.) / Last word of Soundgarden's fifth album
6) Untouchable Eliot? / Haphazard urban growth
7) WarioWare's witch-in-training / Sunrise spot
8) A captain or a clownfish / Maximum volume of Nigel's amp in Spinal Tap
9) Falling object that often lands on a toon's head / Vaccum that sucked up a bowling ball in commercials
10) Super Mario ghosts / Moves in Super Smash Bros. used solely to annoy the opposition
* HALF OF THE FINAL ANSWER* THE OTHER HALF OF THE FINAL ANSWER
* Willy Wonka candy shaped like fruits* Willy Wonka candy available in rolls
* Long-punning-- er, running book series by Piers Anthony
* Home of the Gungans (unfortunately)
* Their song "Oh Yeah" played in the credits of Ferris Bueller's Day Off
* Cookies that celebrated their 100th birthday in 2012
* Operating system that introduced Windows Aero
* "Spooky _____" (Level in Spyro: Year of the Dragon)
* Simple (and aptly-named) programming language
* Head cheese pickled with vinegar
* A Sicilian volcano and a Disgaea character
* A woman's red carpet clothing
* T-shirt type
* "Smile! _____ on Candid Camera!"
* Grind one's teeth
* Absolutely perfect
* Spore developers
Once you've figured out what the FINAL ANSWER is, send it to either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll put you on a list of solvers about two weeks from now. You can also use those email addresses to give me feedback on my puzzle or send me the FINAL ANSWER to last week's puzzle (which you can solve here with an easier version here). If you want a version of this puzzle you can print out, click on "read more" for just that!