We conclude Tetris Month with a variant of an old favorite, Pent Words! If you need a refresher on what they are, my first one is here, and the second one is here.
For this puzzle, you must divide the grid into tetrominoes (they’re kinda like Tetris pieces, except-- wait, they're EXACTLY like Tetris pieces!) and put a letter in each cell. The rows, reading from left to right, will contain the words hinted at by the ACROSS clues. The letters in the pentominoes, reading left to right beginning with the top row, will form the words hinted at by the TETROMINOES clues; these clues are presented in no particular order. (In the example above, the rows spell out MACH, AIDE, and THAT and the pentominoes spell out the words MATH, ACID, and HEAT.) Use the Across answers to figure out where the tetrominoes go.
ACROSS (Two answers per row)
1) Booby prize from Let's Make A Deal / Teri Garr's character in Young Frankenstein
2) The Matrix: Path of _____ / Chad _____ (web series which won an Official Star Wars Fan Film Award)
3) Mark or Shania / Failed video game mascot who's a boxing kangaroo
4) Jonathan Frakes' Star Trek character / Cartoon "Invader" created by Jhonen Vasquez
5) Playstation 2 RPG subtitled "Shadow King" / Surgery sites, briefly
6) _____ Delfino (Super Mario Sunshine setting) / Memorably crazy villain from Far Cry 3
7) Raccoon thief whose sidekicks are Murray and Bentley / Orangutan from Donkey Kong 64 who has no style, and has no grace
8) Laudatory poem / Luigi's Death _____ (Meme originating from Mario Kart 8)
* HALF OF THE FINAL ANSWER
* THE OTHER HALF OF THE FINAL ANSWER
* Failed video game mascot who's an "Acro-Bat"
* Hacker from Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
* Super Mario 64 collectible
* PBS science series that debuted in 1974
* _____ Runner (Brøderbund video game)
* Jaguar-masked fighter from Tekken
* 2011 first-person shooter made by id Software
* Lines up the crosshairs in [the answer to the clue directly above this one], e.g.
* Comix _____ ("Beat-em-up" for Sega Genesis)
* He played a mermaid-obsessed scientist in Splash
* Rock band who had a video game called Psycho Circus: The Nightmare Child
* Last name of Doug Funnie's neighbor
* Zelda: Ocarina of Time's Princess Ruto, for one
* The title characters of The Lost Vikings, for example
Sorry for the overabundance of video game-related clues; clearly, I haven't learned my lesson about the fact that not many of my solvers are gamers! (Okay, I actually made this before Tetris Month started, but still...) Remember, as always, you're free to look up clues that are giving you trouble! Anyway, once you figure out what the FINAL ANSWER is, send it to either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and I'll put your name on a solvers list roughly two weeks from now. If you want, you can also use those email addresses to send me comments and feedback, or you could even send me the FINAL ANSWER to last week's puzzle (located here, with an easier version here). If you want a version of "Tet Words" you can print out, just go below the break for just that!