EAT YOUR WORDS 2
In this puzzle, the words hinted at by the numbered clues (The "Numbered Words") can "eat" a word hinted at by a different set of clues (The "Eaten Words") without rearranging any of the letters. For example, the word BIT can eat the word AND to form BANDIT. All of the new words are entered into the grid in the order of the Numbered Words, and the Eaten Words are in no particular order.
Once all of the new words have been placed, the letters in the highlighted third column will spell out two more words. Insert one of the new words into the other to get the FINAL ANSWER: The name of a Best Picture Oscar nominee.
1) Dialogue-free comic strip by Mark Tatulli
2) Last name of Chandler from Friends
3) Suffering from ennui
4) Grows older
5) Wray who famously got grabbed by King Kong
6) Perceives with one's eyes
7) Mood ring or pet rock, e.g.
* Fashion designer Wang
* Frequent Match Game panelist Somers
* "Halt! Who goes _____?"
* McDonald's has a golden one
* Propel a boat gently down the stream
* Type of house or dressing
* With "The", "She Sells Sanctuary" band
Once you think you know what the FINAL ANSWER is, send it to either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (though I'm more likely to check the second one) and I'll put your name on a solvers list once I post the answers in about two weeks. You can also use those email addresses to give me some comments and feedback (or get a hint from me in exchange for a "hint star", more details for that are on the sidebar to the right) or send me the answer to last week's puzzle, if you haven't already figured it out. If you have a printer and want to solve this puzzle on paper, just head below the break for a version you can print out!