PENT WORDS 8
I know what you're thinking: "What happened to Pent Words 7?" Well, I decided that the Pent Words I used for my 100th puzzle counts as #7 in my little series. So with that nitpick out of the way, let's get to this week's puzzle!
For this puzzle, you must divide the grid into pentominoes (they’re kinda like Tetris pieces, except they’re areas made up of five squares each) and put a letter in each cell. The rows, reading from left to right, will contain the words hinted at by the ACROSS clues. The letters in the pentominoes, reading left to right beginning with the top row, will form the words hinted at by the PENTOMINOES clues; these clues are presented in no particular order. (In the example above, the rows spell out CHINS, PARTY, and ANKLE, and the pentominoes spell out the words CHINA, STYLE, and PRANK.) Use the across answers to figure out where the pentominoes go.
Once you're done, combine the two unclued pentominoes to get this week's FINAL ANSWER: A two-word phrase
ACROSS (Two answers per row)
1) Cochise or Geronimo, e.g.
Shoulder muscle, for short
2) High School Musical actress Hudgens
"If you ask me", in text messages
Last name of Danny or Jazz from Danny Phantom
4) Frampton Comes _____! (multi-platinum album)
5) Illustrator Gerald who worked with Pink Floyd
"Grand Ole" Nashville landmark
6) Evil organization fought by G.I. Joe
Jada Pinkett Smith's role in The Matrix Reloaded
7) November birthstone
Acorn-loving Ice Age character
8) What brevity is the soul of, supposedly
Baskin's partner in ice cream
9) Discontinued robot dog made by Sony
10) Golf putt, perhaps
Mrs. Frisby and the _____ of NIMH
PENTOMINOES (Five letters per answer)
* HALF OF THE FINAL ANSWER
* THE OTHER HALF OF THE FINAL ANSWER
* Hasbro toy that originally had a giant purple button in the middle: Hyph.
* Chairs and such
* Fancy neckerchief
* Assassinated archduke Ferdinand
* Synonym for "niña"
* Heath Ledger's Oscar-winning role
* Previous, like an arrest
* "My Happy Ending" singer Lavigne
* One of Peter Rabbit's sisters
* Was sore
* Tool's first music video to use stop-motion animation
* New Orleans footballer
* The "24" in "36-24-36", say
* Glass window sections
* Ann _____, MI
* Rocker John who was Too Low for Zero
* Seamstress Ross
* Appearance by Hitchcock in [first answer to 7-Across], e.g.
Once you think you know what the FINAL ANSWER is, send it to either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (though I'm more likely to check the second one) and I'll put your name on a solvers list once I post the answers in about two weeks. You can also use those email addresses to give me some comments and feedback (or get a hint from me in exchange for a "hint star", more details for that are on the sidebar to the right) or send me the answer to last week's puzzle, if you haven't already figured it out. If you have a printer and want to solve this puzzle on paper, just head below the break for a version you can print out!