Sunday, September 13, 2015

ANSWERS: Chain Reaction: Extra Links

It's been thirteen days since I've posted my first "Chain Reaction: Extra Links" puzzle, so now it's time for me to reveal the people who have solved it within that time frame:
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Tyler Hinman ****
  • Lynn Sweeney ****
  • My sister Alex (with a little help from Mom) ***
  • Eric Maddy ***
  • Adam Weaver ****
  • Debbie Underwood ****
Now just click on "Read more" below for the answers, along with some solver comments and a few pictures!


The letters in the orange squares above can be scrambled to spell out WHOPPER

Well, I guess that makes it a Whopper in BOTH senses of the word...

Solver Grant Fikes said that this was "Definitely more enjoyable than the previous Chain Reaction offerings. It felt like it had fewer "you know it or you don't" pop culture references (or at least obscure ones that are unguessable, as opposed to the ubiquitous [or seemingly so, seeing as I'm a furry] Rocket Raccoon and Team Rocket and warp pipes)."

"We're the fricking Guardians of the Galaxy!"

Solver Tyler Hinman first sent me his answer before he completely finished the puzzle, saying that "This is sort of a guess, since I don't have the answer that would provide the O. But Death Before Looking $#!+ Up!" Once I confirmed he was right (and sent him the answer sheet), he said that "I thought it was likely; HPRE_WP was never going to yield much. Also, I don't know 2/3 of those ROCKET phrases."


"Prepare for Trouble!" "Make it double!"

Solver Eric Maddy became the first solver (that I haven't met in person) to use a hint star, and by doing so, he got confirmation that three of his answers were correct, along with a link to nutrimatic.org. That proved helpful, as he successfully guessed the FINAL ANSWER afterwards "Because HP POWER doesn't really seem like a thing..."

No comments:

Post a Comment