Sunday, September 10, 2017

ANSWERS: Double Chain Reaction 3

Before I reveal the answers to "Double Chain Reaction 3", I just wanted to give out an update regarding my Patreon. To begin with, I somehow managed to get two more people supporting me on that site: Pavel Curtis and David Millar! Thanks, guys! They support me at the $2 and $5 levels, respectively, and if you are a $5 supporter too, you'll get a bonus puzzle every month that you won't find anywhere else! This month's offering is a cryptic crossword!

Also, fellow Patron M. Sean Molley directed me towards another Patreon project called Hatched, which is a new online micro-magazine by Nathan Curtis of Tortoiseshell Studio aimed at helping new puzzle creators get support and a little boost. I'll admit that I haven't supported anyone on Patreon before, but I've decided to support this project at $3 a month, and with that $3, this magazine has successfully reached its goal of $250 per issue, and now it'll "start publishing on a regular basis" as well as "post a puzzle or two every month"! Since this is a magazine aimed at supporting new puzzle constructors, it's accepting submissions from them, so if you're interested in helping out, you can visit their main website here and read their submission guidelines here!

Now that I'm done with my plugs, here are all the people that have solved my third "Double Chain Reaction" puzzle from thirteen days ago:
  • M. Sean Molley ****
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Eric Maddy ****
  • Mom ****
  • Lynn Sweeney ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • Chris Hendricks ****
  • Debbie Benford ****
Now head below the break for the answers as well as a couple solver comments!


The two GSN shows in the above grids are RUSSIAN ROULETTE and GRAND SLAM


Patron M. Sean Molley said that Chain Reaction was "One of my all-time favorite game shows (at least, the Bill Cullen version). I remember RUSSIAN ROULETTE, but I somehow managed to miss seeing GRAND SLAM. Since it only ran eight episodes and these days I watch very little TV, I guess that's excusable. I'll have to look for it on YouTube. ;)"

Patron Chris Hendricks said that "I haven't checked to see if those are actually game shows, but I'm assuming yes?"


 

No comments:

Post a Comment