Sunday, July 19, 2020

ANSWERS: Coined Phrases 4

It's been thirteen days since "Coined Phrases 4" was posted on this blog, and a whopping twelve people have successfully solved it since then, as you can see in the list below:
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • M. Sean Molley ****
  • Giovanni Pagano ****
  • Joe Bernard ****
  • Kevin Orfield ****
  • Tyler Hinman ****
  • Patrick Jordan ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • Stephen Potter ****
  • Mom ***
  • Debbie Benford ***
  • Lynn Sweeney ****
As a reminder, the people highlighted in orange support me over at Patreon. So with all that out of the way, go below the break for the answers as well as several solvers' comments!

1) ABNER
2) ADULT
3) BENTO
4) BRAND
5) DONUT
6) DURAN

FRONT: ROUND
BACK: TABLE

The well-known item from medieval legend is King Arthur's ROUND TABLE


Patron M. Sean Molley said that this was an "Interesting variant on a logic puzzle. (I guess I missed Coined Phrases 1-3, or at least I don't remember doing one of these before.)  :)"

Patron Giovanni Pagano admitted that "I caved and used Nutrimatic for the final bit, but the rest wasn't too hard to suss out. Helps I have that Bond theme on my IPod."

Patron Joe Bernard said that this was a "Good puzzle but I had to read the directions several times before and during the solve.  I finally made a 5X5 matrix to figure out the letter pairs.  A little trial and error yielded "ROUND TABLE"."

Solver Sam Levitin called this "Clever, clever. I like the way it fits into the "round" theme."

No comments:

Post a Comment