Sunday, April 12, 2015

ANSWERS: Super Sixes

Well, it's been almost two weeks since I published my "Super Sixes" puzzle (which you can still solve here, with an easier version here), so, as usual, it's time for me to reveal the answers! Before I do that, however, here's a list of people who have solved it. Surprisingly, I didn't get any solvers in the second week, so everyone gets two stars!
  • Eric Maddy **
  • Sam Levitin **
  • Grant Fikes **
  • Adam Weaver **
  • Walker Anderson **
  • Paolo Pasco **
  • Yossi Fendel **
  • Christian H.P. **
  • M. Sean Molley **
  • Tyler Hinman **
Now for the answers! Just click on "Read more" to reveal them, and even if you already know the answers, I'd still go below the break to read some solver comments!


Here are the answers in text format:

ROWS (from top to bottom):
BUSCH, AKIRA, MOHINDER, RACING GAME, REEVE/AREA CODE, IVYSAUR/KRATOS, PARTRIDGE/REMAIN, CLOVEN/ORNAMENTS, AT NO CHARGE/LATCH, RAINFALL/LEONA, MANDELBROT/NIC, ABOLISHING, STRADDLE, SCUMM, I MEAN

SIXES:
1: CHARIS, 2: MOKUBA, 3: REMADE, 4: ARRIVE, 5: VENICE, 6: RAGING, 7: CAMERA, 8: DE SOTO, 9: ADONIS, 10: KRUGER (Even though it's actually spelled KRUEGER), 11: TREVOR, 12: LAP CAT, 13: ANG LEE, 14: MENTAL, 15: SNITCH, 16: ARMANI, 17: LAHARL, 18: DEFCON, 19: BRIDAL, 20: CANING, 21: ABORTS, 22: SHINTO, 23: MELMAN, 24: MISCUE

Read the grey letters from top to bottom and you get HEY ARNOLD!



I admit it, I screwed up on one of the answers! Solver Grant Fikes was the first to point out that "Krueger has 7 letters, not 6". I've since corrected it in the easier version of my puzzle, but I still hope Freddy won't kill me in my sleep over that mistake!

Above: The Cousin Skeeter theme song by 702, who was mentioned in this puzzle

Solver M. Sean Molley said that "The answer to puzzle #17 is HEY ARNOLD! (a show I must admit I have never seen, but I had at least heard of it, which I guess is not too bad for a guy who not only remembers when Nickelodeon first went on the air, but also remembers the show "Pinwheel" that basically turned into the channel.)"


"Welcome to Mario Kart!"

Solver Tyler Hinman saw another typo, this time in the clue for Sixes #8: "No T in Chrysler. And, as much as I wish you had fewer YEKIOYDs [short for You Either Know It Or You Don't] in your puzzles, I really wanted a Sam & Max reference here. :-)" [D'oh! Completely slipped my mind! Hopefully, the picture below will make up for it!]


No comments:

Post a Comment