Sunday, June 14, 2015

ANSWERS: Moving Staircases

It's been about two weeks since I posted my "Moving Staircases" puzzle, so now it's time for me to reveal the answers! As usual, I post a list of people who have solved it before I reveal the answers, and here they are:
  • Paolo Pasco ****
  • Eric Maddy ****
  • Adam Weaver ****
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Tyler Hinman ****
  • Giovanni Pagano ****
  • Mike Tiffany (no stars)
  • Debbie Underwood & Mom ****
  • Christian H.P. ****
Now just click on "Read more" for the answers, along with some solver comments and a lot of videos!


The FINAL ANSWER is the two words highlighted above in light blue: SPACE CASES


To my surprise, I got a new solver for my site! His name is Giovanni Pagano, and here's what he had to say: "Long time lurker, first time solver. I came over from Grant's site a while ago, and I enjoy the wavelength your clues and references are on--they hit that sweet spot of nerd stuff for me!

As to this puzzle: I managed to get it reasonably quickly; it probably helped that ARMIN Van Buuren was a gimme for me (thanks for that; I just picked up a couple of his albums from iTunes yesterday!). I do recall seeing SPACE CASES briefly when I was younger, but only a little bit. Some sort of Australian or English production I think? [Well, it's actually Canadian, but you're close!]

Anyway, thanks for the puzzle, and I'll see you a little more regularly in the future."

I would have the music video for "Raspberry Beret" here, but for some reason, I couldn't find it on Youtube. So instead, here's a screenshot of the clip as it appeared on Pop-Up Video.

Solver Grant Fikes, a Christian, said that "Perhaps I'm a terrible Christian, but I can't recall the devil wearing Prada outside the context of a movie title. My familiarity with Christian metal is mostly limited to Theocracy, an amazing band, by the way."


Solver Tyler Hinman had some constructive criticism: "Just to point something out, it's best if none of the words in these puzzles are related. It's a bit weak to have CASE be in two answers, and more so to have it as the final answer as well. Same for EASY in two of the answers."


Solver Mike Tiffany is a huge Batman fan, so while solving this puzzle, he felt "like Batman trying to solve one of the Riddler's puzzles!" [Note: this quote is paraphrased because he solved this one in person]

No comments:

Post a Comment