Sunday, July 31, 2016

ANSWERS: Pent Words 6

Before we reveal the answers to my sixth "Pent Words" puzzle, I've got some business to take care of: last month, I held a contest involving a picross puzzle, but the winner of that contest, Edderiofer He, hasn't replied back to me. Since I don't want the prize of a picross book or video game of the victor's choosing go to waste, I've decided to select a different winner for that contest! The new winner is... Sam Levitin! Congratulations! I'll email you as soon as possible, and make sure you reply back to me to let me know what picross book/video game you want!

Now with all that out of the way, here are the people who solved "Pent Words 6":
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Adam Weaver ****
  • Eric Maddy ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • Lynn Sweeney ***
  • YYW ****
  • Debbie Benford (with help from Mom) **
  • Joseph DeVincentis ****
Now just head below the break for the answers as well as some solver comments!


The two unclued pentominoes, highlighted above in green, spell out TOXIC WASTE


Solver Adam Weaver said that "This one was balanced very well.  I knew about half right away, and working back and forth I didn't have to look up anything."

Solver Eric Maddy "Got thrown for just a second because I had ASSERT instead of ATTEST, but that was easily remedied...."

Solver Joseph DeVincentis said "Ah... quicksand, fumes, TOXIC WASTE, it's all ours! At least the toxic waste. :-)" [I had to look this one up; it's a quote from the Addams Family pinball game]

No comments:

Post a Comment