Sunday, November 13, 2016

ANSWERS: Line 'Em Up 3

It's been two week's since I've posted my Halloween-themed "Line 'Em Up" puzzle, and since then, twelve of you have correctly solved it, as you can see in the list below:
  • Eric Maddy ****
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Giovanni Pagano ****
  • YYW ****
  • Chris Hendricks ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • Yossi Fendel ****
  • Lynn Sweeney ***
  • M. Sean Molley ****
  • Mom ****
  • Debbie Benford ****
  • David Cohen ****
Speaking of Halloween, do you know what else is scary? This entire election season. I don't want to elaborate any further since I don't want to talk about anything political on this site, but this overlong election has exhausted and depressed me so much (to the point that I genuinely wanted to kill myself -- don't worry, I'm better now) that I haven't had the motivation or time to make any more puzzles for this site, and as such, there will be no new puzzle this week. Hopefully, there will be one next week, but for now, just head below the break for the answers to "Line 'Em Up 3" and some solver comments.


The letters in the two red columns, reading down, spell out HAUNTED MANSION

You know what the scariest part is? This video game spin-off got better reviews than the film it was supposed to promote!

Solver Grant Fikes came up with something I didn't even think of: "Maybe the last word could have been MADNESS, and the clue could have gone in a Lovecraftian direction."

Solver Chris Hendricks also came up with an alternative entry: "You always could have done "Midna" from Twilight Princess instead of "Echidna" if you wanted a potentially creepier character for a Halloween theme."

Solver Giovanni Pagano said that "Short words tended to make this one a bit easy."

And finally, solver Yossi Fendel says "Boo!  (That's "boo" as in the Halloween greeting, not "boo" as in disapproval!)"

Toldja Knuckles got chased by a ghost once!

No comments:

Post a Comment