Sunday, March 19, 2017

ANSWERS: Anagram Chambers 4

It's been roughly two weeks since I've posted "Anagram Chambers 4", and since then, eight of you have solved it, as you can see in the list below:
  • Eric Maddy ****
  • YYW ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • Mom ****
  • Lynn Sweeney ****
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • David Cohen ****
  • M. Sean Molley ****
Now just click on "Read more" for the answers as well as several solver comments!


The letters in the light-green squares spell out HNIAGWS HNIAEMC, which may not seem like actual words until you rearrange the chambers so they spell out WASHING MACHINE

Not including Banjo-Tooie, how many games out there let you play as a washing machine? Not many, I assume...

Solver Grant Fikes tried to trip me up like he did with "The Sudoku Code" but I saw through it immediately: "I've never heard of a Wastini machine, but I assume that it's named after its inventor, Sir Edmund Wastini. It was the most sensible answer I could come up with given the 19 answers I could solve." [He got every answer except STAR and CLAIR] "Well, now that I've solved that puzzle, I can get back to doing household chores. There's a lot of dirty laundry needing to be loaded into the washing machine." [Bold emphasis added both times]

Solver Sam Levitin noted that the FINAL ANSWER "does a good job of mixing and agitating its contents, just like your puzzle. J"

Solver David Cohen said "I like the twist on the escalator puzzles by having the answer scrambled.  I couldn't work backward until the very end. I kept trying to make GARLIC + E = ICEBERG work. 😊"

Solver M. Sean Molley said "After the first four I was wondering if it was going to be a double of the same word, but looks like there aren't a lot of good possibilities for seven-letter words that make sense doubled and that include HNIA.  KRISHNA, KRISHNA is about the best one I could find."

No comments:

Post a Comment