Monday, July 24, 2017

PUZZLE #136: Cramped Crossword

PUZZLE #136
CRAMPED CROSSWORD

I've been watching Superhuman on Fox this summer, so imagine my surprise when I actually recognized one of the contestants on the show! Yep, a couple of weeks ago, five-time winner of the American Crossword Puzzle Tournament Tyler Hinman made an appearance on this show! You can watch the full episode on FOX or on Yahoo! View (assuming you're in the United States), or watch a clip of his performance here, and his challenge involved solving five mini-crosswords by putting the letters of five 9-letter words into five different grids. This week's puzzle was obviously inspired by that, but in reverse. You'll see what I mean when you look at it...

Unscramble the letters that go in the blank spaces to get the FINAL ANSWER: A 9-letter movie


CLUES
* 2005 rom-com starring Will Smith as a "date doctor"
* Cake's covering
* Give away a movie's major twist, say
* Inspector Gadget's niece
* Like a rock
* Poisonous snake

Once you think you know what the FINAL ANSWER is, send it to either redhead64@chartermi.net or itsredhead64@gmail.com (though I'm more likely to check the second one) and I'll put your name on a solvers list once I post the answers in about two weeks. You can also use those email addresses to give me some comments and feedback (or get a hint from me in exchange for a "hint star", more details for that are on the sidebar to the right) or send me the answer to last week's puzzle, if you haven't already figured it out. If you have a printer and want to solve this puzzle on paper, just head below the break for a version you can print out!

No comments:

Post a Comment