Sunday, July 23, 2017

ANSWERS: Crypticrostic

Before we get to the answers to my first "Crypticrostic", I've got some unfinished business to take care of: you may recall that I've plugged Chris Hendricks' Phrase Shift in the past, and now his company, HyperHippo, has got a new word game out. I promised him I'll play it and advertise it once it got released, and I just now got around to playing it last Tuesday. Unfortunately, the game was released on June 27th! Almost a month ago! Oh, well, better late than never!

Anyway, this new game is called Word Valley, and I'd best describe it as "Bookworm with a gravity physics engine". Below is a GIF of what I mean:

Inline image 1

This game only has a little over 1,200 plays at the moment, so it needs all the help it can get! Be sure to let the developers know what kind of feedback you have and how far along you made it, too! You can play it for free at Kongregate, and I hope you enjoy playing it so much that you'll forget that only four people solved "Crypticrostic" from a couple weeks ago:
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Eric Maddy ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • Lynn Sweeney **
Now head below the break for the answers!

Here are the clues' answers in the order that they appeared in the puzzle:

BENEFITS (Ben + E + Fits)
DISCOVERS (Disco + [Verse - E])
EXHAUSTED (Ex + "Used Hat" scrambled)
FEBRUARY ("Bare Fury" scrambled)
FLORENCE ([Lore - E] + Fence)
GARFIELD ("Rag" reversed + Field)
MOS DEF ([Most - T] + "Fed" reversed)
NOMINEE ("One" scrambled + Mine)

And here's the answer to the Anacrostic:

DINOSAUR FROM THE LAND BEFORE TIME GREATLY SUFFERED BEFORE ASCENDING

The answer to that clue is LITTLEFOOT ("Too + Felt + 'Til" reversed)


Solver Sam Levitin "Had to backsolve the last cryptic, but I understand it now."

No comments:

Post a Comment