Sunday, August 20, 2017

ANSWERS: Brick By Brick 3

Before I reveal the answers to my third "Brick by Brick" puzzle, I just wanted to let you know that I've got another set of "Squeezed in the Middle" "Word Sandwiches" puzzles accepted by Games Magazine! They're set to publish in the October 2017 issue, so it's not available to buy yet, but as a subscriber, I got that issue early, so be sure to look out for that issue when it arrives in stores! Don't worry, I'll also do a contest for it in the future, but before I do that, here are the six people that have solved "Brick By Brick 3":
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Eric Maddy ****
  • Mom ****
  • Lynn Sweeney ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • Debbie Benford ****
Now just head below the break for the answers as well as more info on the product that acts as the FINAL ANSWER to this puzzle!


The product spelled out by the blue line is the DREAMCADE REPLAY


I'll admit that even though most of the products on Funderdome seem neat and useful, I just don't see myself buying any of them... at least, until Episode 5 aired (which you can view through ABC or Yahoo! View if you're in the United States). The last segment of that episode involved an intriguing video game console that promised to play all of your old video games, and much to my excitement, it won the $100,000 it was asking for. I immediately looked up the system on Google and stumbled onto a Kickstarter page it set up. Apparently, that $100k prize came with taxes, so I'm assuming they went to Kickstarter to get the rest of the money they asked for. Despite Funderdome being the only major publicity the system got, it still reached its $30,000 goal in under a week, and reached plenty of their stretch goals before it concluded today!

Solver Sam Levitin agrees with my excitement, saying that it "Sounds like a swell gizmo for gamers of a certain era or age."

Solver Eric Maddy said that "Just for fun, I decided to solve it without using the blocks. Got down to the last square (GENO/SPYRO) before having to peek. Also, on 8 down, "Walter Cronkite once reported them" -- "them" should be "it", no?" Probably, but I didn't feel like changing it...

No comments:

Post a Comment