Sunday, February 11, 2018

ANSWERS: Section Six 5

Before I reveal the answers to "Section Six 5" from a couple weeks ago, I just wanted to let you know that this month's exclusive Patreon Puzzle is a 9x9 Cryptic Crossword. If you want to solve it, simply support me on Patreon.com at $5 a month or more for this as well as other exclusive puzzles! Now with that plug out of the way, here are the seven people that have solved my latest "Section Six" puzzle:
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Eric Maddy ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • Dan Simonds *
  • Tyler Hinman ****
  • Mom ****
  • Lynn Sweeney ****
Now head below the break for the answers as well as a couple solver comments!


And here are the answers in text format, in case you can't read what's in the grid:

RING 1: FRIGHTEN, PARAMOUNT, AKIN, RUBIO, KAZOO, CRATE
RING 2: MORPHING, TREAT, ROOK, CARIBOU, KITANA
RING 3: KUBRICK, AORTA, RIGHT, ROMANIA
RING 4: HAT RACK, BURKINA, OMIT
RING 5: MOTHRA, KABUKI
RING 6: BARTOK

The letters in the starred tiles unscramble to spell out PICKET

Patron Grant Fikes said that "Without looking up the answer to Ring 6, I'm going to guess PICKET, because I can't make an anagram with CEHIKP."

Patron Tyler Hinman initially thought the answer was going to be ATRIUM, but after some more time with this puzzle, he sent me this: "Wow, not even g**d***ed close. Did you know that all you have to do is take out answers 2, 5, and 6, and the rest will work perfectly well in a completely different arrangement? I had no chance; it's a small miracle I thought to erase the whole thing and start over so I could solve it at all. Anyway, PICKET. This only deepens my strong dislike of this type, even when Patrick Berry does it."

No comments:

Post a Comment