Sunday, June 10, 2018

ANSWERS: Anacrossword 2

It's been thirteen days since I've posted "Anacrossword 2", and quite a few people since then have successfully solved it, as you can see in the list below:
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Eric Maddy ****
  • Mom ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • Debbie Benford ****
  • Tyler Hinman ****
  • Lynn Sweeney ****
  • Dan Simonds & Vanessa Kean ****
Now head below the break for the answers as well as a couple solver comments!


The resulting sentence reads THIS TRILOGY OF ADVENTURE GAMES BY HUMONGOUS ENTERTAINMENT STARS A VULPINE SECRET AGENT WHO IS A PARODY OF JAMES BOND, and the answer to that is SPY FOX



Patron Grant Fikes not only created this puzzle type, but was also the one who requested me to make one. His message after solving my Anacrossword was "I'm not up on nerd culture, but I seem to recall SLY FOX  [emphasis added] being a thing, and one of the games in that series being about milk. Let's guess that!" Fortunately, he corrected himself before I had a chance to respond, or otherwise I probably would've had to remove a star.

My Mom likes doing Anacrostics, so after solving this twist on that formula, she said that "This puzzle was masterful!"

No comments:

Post a Comment