Sunday, August 26, 2018

ANSWERS: Code Crossword

It's been thirteen days since my first "Code Crossword" puzzle was posted on this blog, and it proved to be a tad easier than "Family Reunions 3", as six of you guys have successfully solved it. Here's the list:
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Mom ****
  • Tyler Hinman ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • Debbie Benford ****
  • Lynn Sweeney ***
Now head below the break for the answers as well as a couple solver comments!


To get the FINAL ANSWER from the answer key, start with square #5 and then read left-to-right and then continue going down. The resulting word (which I've highlighted above) should read out AMBIDEXTROUS.

Patron Grant Fikes suggested the word INTESTINES to use in one of my puzzles, which I used as the rightmost word going down. He then said "This puzzle would have probably been more difficult had I not known it contained my seed word, essentially giving me 5 letters. :)"

Solver Sam Levitin said "This puzzle was tough to get a foothold in. I noticed several interesting patterns, that eventually turned into LULL and VEHEMENT, but they didn't lead to any progress. It was only the presumption of E and S that led to the word fragment --xESx--ES in the lower right, which became INTESTINES. Then I was off to the races. Thanks for the challenge."

No comments:

Post a Comment