Sunday, September 22, 2019

ANSWERS: Cramped Crossword 3

Before we get to the answers to "Cramped Crossword 3" from a couple weeks ago, I've got some news to share with you! Earlier this month, I used some of the money that I've earned through Patreon to get some new puzzle-making software: Crossword Compiler! It's the same tool used by Pete Muller for his "Muller Monthly Music Meta" website, and the main reason I bought it is because you can post the puzzles you make with it directly online! And despite the name, it's not limited to just crosswords, either! I've made a sudoku puzzle using Crossword Compiler to test out its web publishing capabilities, and you can see the result of that below!



So what else do I have planned for this tool that I just got? Well, you'll find that out soon enough..... In the meantime, here are the eight people that have solved my third Cramped Crossword:
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • Mom ****
  • Patrick Jordan ****
  • Lynn Sweeney ****
  • Joe Bernard ****
  • Eric Maddy ****
  • Debbie Benford ****
Now head below the break for the answers as well as three solvers' comments!


The nine letters in the center of the grid unscramble to spell out DISTURBED

Disturbed performing their highest-charting song, a cover of Simon & Garfunkel's "The Sound of Silence", on Conan O'Brien's show

Patron Grant Fikes found a different anagram and asked "Is SUBREDDIT the name of a heavy metal band? If not, the fact that it anagrams to that is pretty interesting. (Sorry, the only metal bands I know are Theocracy and Metallica.) *cheats with Nutrimatic* You know what, DISTURBED is probably a better heavy metal band name than SUBREDDIT."

Patron Joe Bernard said "My first guess was "Stud Bride" but I googled it and found nothing."

Solver Patrick Jordan said that DISTURBED was "Quite fitting for an anagram-based answer!"

No comments:

Post a Comment