Sunday, January 5, 2020

ANSWERS: Compound Crosswords 5

Happy New Year! Before I reveal the answers to "Compound Crosswords 5" from a couple weeks ago, I'd like to list the nine people who have successfully solved it:
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Tyler Hinman ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • Patrick Jordan ****
  • Stephen Potter ****
  • Mom ****
  • Cindy Heisler ****
  • Eric Maddy ****
  • Kevin Orfield ****
Now head below the break for the answers as well as some solvers' comments!


The pink squares, when read in numerical order, spell out FRUITCAKE


Solver Patrick Jordan noted the appropriateness of this puzzle being posted close to Christmas, saying "Very appropriate, and very well done!"

Solver Sam Levitin said that this "Reminds me of the Carlin routine we listened to during college, part of which was, "could be meat, could be cake. <pause> I know, it's MEATCAKE!""

Solver Cindy Heisler said "My Final Answer is FRUITCAKE, which is better here than under my tree!" Similarly, solver Eric Maddy thought "I assume you'll just regift my answer..."

No comments:

Post a Comment