Sunday, August 2, 2020

ANSWERS: Semicircle Sorting

It's been thirteen days since my first "Semicircle Sorting" puzzle was posted on this blog, and eleven people since then have successfully solved it, all of whom are listed below:
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Joe Bernard ****
  • Cindy Heisler ****
  • Kevin Orfield ****
  • Tyler Hinman ****
  • Stephen Potter ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • Mom ****
  • Giovanni Pagano ****
  • Lynn Sweeney ****
  • Debbie Benford ****
Now head below the break for the answers!


The semicircles that go together have matching colors

Answers (in alphabetical order): AVOCADO, BLOCKY, INSTINCT, KILLER, POWERFUL, RHYMING

The words that combine to make a two-word phrase are KILLER INSTINCT


Patron Joe Bernard "Enjoyed the puzzle but the instructions were a little hazy.  ”Turning 180 degrees” can be accomplished in two ways:  first, by imagining the letters are on a bicycle tire and spinning (correct); or second, flipping the semicircle on its bottom horizontal axis (incorrect)."

Solver Stephen Potter got the correct answer, "though I was really hoping BLOCKY AVOCADO was a video game"

2 comments:

  1. That last line that says "Solver" looks like an incomplete thought. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops! I tend to put that there in case I get more solver comments, but I guess I accidentally left it in this time! I'll go get rid of it as soon as I can!

    ReplyDelete