Sunday, October 4, 2015

ANSWERS AND CONTEST RESULTS: The Spiral

It's been two weeks since I've posted my second contest puzzle, so not only is it time for me to reveal the answers, it's also time for me to reveal the contest winner! (remember, the prize is a copy of the October 2015 issue of GAMES Magazine signed by me) But before I do so, let's reveal who's eligible for this contest:
  • Paolo Pasco ****
  • YYW ****
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Eric Maddy ****
  • Adam Weaver ****
  • Giovanni Pagano ****
  • Tyler Hinman **** (opted out of the contest)
  • Lynn Sweeney ****
  • Mom **** (ineligible for this contest; I might as well give it to myself!)
  • Janis Ferry ****
  • Bryce Herdt ****
  • Cayden Curtis ****
  • Christian H.P. ****
  • Brad Eldredge ****
And the winner of this contest, chosen randomly from the above list, is... YYW! Congratulations!

BUT WAIT! Since the amount of solvers for this puzzle passed the double digits, I've decided to sign and give away a second copy of GAMES! The winner of that second copy is... Cayden Curtis! Congratulations!

Now with all that out of the way, just head below the break for the answers and some solver comments!


The letters in the light blue boxes unscramble to spell out LIBRARY


It turns out I'm not the only contributor to GAMES on this site; solver Christian H.P. says "congratulations on getting more puzzles published in Games! It's exciting, isn't it? One of my own original puzzles ('Ring Tunes') was published in the June issue, and I don't think I've ever been quite as pleased as I was when I finally saw my creation in print. :)"

Solver YYW noted that "This format doesn't require solving most of the clues to find (or help finding) the answer." Well, to be honest, it's kinda hard to get any sort of FINAL ANSWER out of this type of puzzle otherwise...

Solver Adam Weaver corrected one of my clues, but not before congratulating me on getting more of my puzzles published: "congrats on the publish! btw, ARod is not the current highest paid by any measure: total contract goes to G. Stanton at $325M (to ARod's $275M) and highest annual salary is C. Kershaw at over $30M (ARod is about 16th at @22M)"

"I'm re-r-re-r-re-all set, your heroship, sir!"

Solver and Geocacher Brad Eldredge says "Congratulations on getting puzzles accepted for publishing in GAMES WORLD OF PUZZLES magazine...quite an accomplishment! FYI, I purchased PUZZLECRAFT from amazon.com during the 2014 holidays so I could better understand some of the common puzzle types and how they are constructed.  It's also helped me better understand puzzles from the creator's perspective.  The only puzzles I create are related to geocaching.  At this stage, I prefer solving puzzles to creating them."

Solver Giovanni Pagano said that this was "not too bad for me, though I didn't get the clue about the merged companies (A-something...). Congrats on getting some puzzles published, by the way."

Solver Tyler Hinman warned me that "people might try to correct you on Outward 68-66 [GIF]. Do not listen to them. They are wrong and should be shunned. #TeamSoftG"

And the battle rages on...

No comments:

Post a Comment