Sunday, October 18, 2015

ANSWERS: Wordy Web

I like it when I get a lot of solvers for my puzzles, and "Wordy Web" (which you can still solve here) is no exception! Below are a list of people who have successfully completed this puzzle in the past two weeks:
  • Mom **** (she wanted to do this one a day early)
  • Adam Weaver ****
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Eric Maddy ****
  • Lynn Sweeney ****
  • Christian H.P. ****
  • Tyler Hinman ****
  • Debbie Underwood ****
  • Cayden Curtis ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • YYW ****
Now if you're curious as to what the answers are, just head below the break for them! You'll also get quotes from a couple of my solvers and a couple of pictures as well!


The letters in the red spaces, reading down, spell out HOUSE OF MYSTERY

Cain, the caretaker of the House of Mystery, and his pet gargoyle, Gregory

My Mom actually grew up reading the series when she was younger, and she bought a collection of black-and-white reprints a few months ago, so this puzzle was sort of a tribute to that. Once she solved this puzzle, she said "Hey, that's my favorite comics from when I was a little kid!"

♪ He's a maniac, maniac, that's for sure / He will kill your cat and nail him to the door ♪ (ACTUAL ORIGINAL LYRICS)

Solver Christian H.P. said that he "Loved seeing a reference to Perplex City! I'm a huge fan of that game -- and ARGs, in general. Did you ever play a CD-ROM game called 'Missing: Since January', a.k.a. 'In Memoriam'? Very creepy ARG" [I haven't, but I plan to eventually, and I had already included a reference to it in my first "Moving Staircases" puzzle. Pretty much the only ARG I've played so far is Xi for the now-defunct Playstation Home, hence its inclusion in this puzzle]

The Xi logo

No comments:

Post a Comment