Sunday, November 29, 2015

ANSWERS (And Contest Results!): Squeezed in the Middle 4

My third Contest Puzzle has now drawn to a close! As you can see from the list below, there are a lot of entries for this contest, but only two of them will win a signed copy of the December 2015 issue of GAMES Magazine that I got published in! Here are all the solvers of that puzzle from the past two weeks:
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Eric Maddy ****
  • Yossi Fendel ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • Mom **** (ineligible for this contest)
  • Tyler Hinman **** (opted out of this contest)
  • Lynn Sweeney ****
  • YYW ****
  • Dan Simonds ****
  • Debbie Underwood ****
  • Adam Weaver ****
  • Cayden Curtis ****
  • Brad Eldredge ****
  • My sister Alex and Eric Milton ****
And now to reveal the two contest winners, chosen at random through random.org! The winners are... Grant Fikes and Dan Simonds! Congratulations to you both!

Now just go below the break for the answers, along with some solver comments!


The letters in the brown squares spell out HYBRID THEORY

Random fact: "Hybrid Theory" was also Linkin Park's original name!

Solver Eric Maddy noticed a huge mistake I made in the original posting of this puzzle: "um, [the Wholes] were in the same order as the Centers" needless to say, as soon as I saw his email, I fixed that problem as soon as possible!

Looks like that puzzle wasn't the only one "Squeezed in the Middle"...

Solver Yossi Fendel interpreted HYBRID THEORY "As in "I'll bet that Prius is expensive..."


Solver Tyler Hinman "Do[es]n't think I'll enter the contest; got too many puzzles as it is. I guess that means, in the end, it doesn't even matter."

No comments:

Post a Comment