Sunday, November 8, 2015

ANSWERS: Squeezed in the Middle 3 (And Some Big News!)

Before I reveal the answers to my third "Squeezed in the Middle" puzzle and the people who solved it, I'd just wanted you to know that my first published puzzles are now on sale!


Sorry I didn't inform you guys of this sooner (my subscription copy came very late, arriving just one day before I posted this), but three of my "Squeezed in the Middle" puzzles have been published in the December 2015 issue of GAMES Magazine (though they're now called "Word Sandwiches")! I would do another contest to celebrate, but my 50th puzzle is next week, so I'll just delay the contest a bit to match up with that milestone. Until then, make sure to grab a copy of this issue before it goes off the racks in early December!

Anyways, with all of that out of the way, here are all the people who solved my puzzle from two weeks ago:
  • Eric Maddy ****
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • YYW ****
  • Paolo Pasco ****
  • Adam Weaver ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • Lynn Sweeney ****
  • Mom ****
  • Tyler Hinman ****
  • Cayden Curtis ****
  • My sister Alex and Eric Milton ****
Now just head below the break for the answers, along with some solver comments!


The letters in the brown squares spell out SLEEPY HOLLOW



Solver YYW said that ""lopcito" is not a "Smells Like Teen Spirit" lyric" Apparently, the abbreviation "ibid." is often confused with "op. cit.", which he clarified in a later email: "I was just commenting that ibid. isn't exactly correct for the short answer."

Solver Grant Fikes said that he "Didn't even need the 'Wholes' clues"



Solver Adam Weaver said that this was "Not too challenging, but nice creative clues."

Solver Tyler Hinman says that it's "Always nice when I don't have to print out the puzzle. :-)"

No comments:

Post a Comment