Sunday, January 17, 2016

ANSWERS: Family Reunions

Well, it's been almost two weeks since I've posted my first puzzle for "Dump Month" (which you can still solve here, by the way), so now it's time for me to reveal the answers! Before I do so, however, here's a list of all the people who have solved it:
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Eric Maddy ****
  • Yossi Fendel ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • Adam Weaver ****
  • Lynn Sweeney ****
  • Dan Simonds **
  • Tyler Hinman ****
  • YYW ****
  • Brad Eldredge ****
Now just click on "Read more" below for the answers, along with some solver comments!


  1. BURLY = RUBY
  2. POLKA = OPAL
  3. EMBARK = AMBER
  4. BELFRY = BERYL
  5. REPEAL = PEARL
  6. STRANGE = GARNET
  7. REMEDIAL = EMERALD
  8. IMPORTED = PERIDOT
  9. EPIGRAPHS = SAPPHIRE
  10. THEMATICAL = MALACHITE
The unscrambled words are all GEMSTONES

I might've accepted "Steven Universe characters" as an acceptable alternate answer, but I don't watch that show, so it's probably not right for all I know...

Solver Yossi Fendel "Saw RUBY immediately, but even looking for gemstones, this took me quite a long time to find them all!"


Solver Sam Levitin noted that the category "Could almost have been girl's names, until #6-10 :)"

Malachite from Suburban Knights loves his Power Glove; it's so bad!

Solver Adam Weaver said that "I've always found it strange to include "pearl" in this category"

It'd be even stranger if that "pearl" was actually a whale!

Solver Tyler Hinman "Would've liked a final answer mechanism that requires solvers to get more than two of them, but hey. :-)"

No comments:

Post a Comment