Sunday, February 14, 2016

ANSWERS: Anagram Chambers 3

It's been thirteen days since I've posted my third "Anagram Chambers" puzzle, and since then, I've got an impressive twelve people solve this puzzle (well, it's technically thirteen, but one of them didn't want their name in the solvers' list; an explanation for that is below the break), and here they are:
  • Eric Maddy ****
  • Punjit Sharma ****
  • YYW ****
  • Yossi Fendel ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • John Davis ****
  • Adam Weaver ****
  • Lynn Sweeney ****
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Brad Eldredge ****
  • Mom ****
  • Dan Simonds ***
Now just click on "Read more" for the answers, along with some solver comments and a couple of videos!


The letters in the light-green squares spell out NAIGMZA ESISTRO, which may not seem like actual words until you rearrange the chambers so they spell out AMAZING STORIES


Tyler Hinman did solve this puzzle, but as you can see above, his name's not on the list, and here's why: "I looked up just about everything, so I don't think I even want credit for this one.

Also, I neglected to read the instructions and didn't know the chambers were mixed, which caused a big problem. To prevent this from happening to dummies like me, I would suggest leaving the numbers off the rows, or lettering the clues rather than numbering them.

Nonetheless, I doubt I would've solved it. Just way too much obscure trivia here for my tastes; so many YEKIOYDs are especially frustrating when several of the answers could have been clued in much more accessible senses." Yeah, I probably should've clued NURSE as "Hospital attendant" or something instead of-- Oh no! I made Mikan cry!

“Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-You didn't do anything wrong. It was my fault. That's definitely it...!”

Similarly, solver Sam Levitin said that this puzzle was "way out of my wheelhouse -- needed lots of Googling"


Finally, solver Yossi Fendel was instantly reminded of "That theme song..."

No comments:

Post a Comment