Sunday, March 20, 2016

ANSWERS: Super Sixes 2

It's been thirteen days since I've posted my second "Super Sixes" puzzle, and seven of you have managed to solve it since then. Here's the complete list of solvers:
  • Eric Maddy ****
  • Mom ****
  • Adam Weaver ****
  • Punjit Sharma ****
  • YYW ****
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
Now just head below the break for the answers, along with a couple of solver comments!



Here are the answers in text format:

ROWS (from top to bottom):
EDUCE, DRAFT, COPELAND, PREHENSILE, HEARS A/PATRICK, CAJUN/CAROUSEL, JEOPARDY/PINBALL, SONIC/EL MARIACHI, GNATS/SOCCER TEAM, AUGUSTA/RAMSAY, NAIF/FASTBALLS, PETE DOCTER, MORTEMER (Normally it's "Mortem3r"), SHEGO, STEAL

SIXES:
1: FAUCET, 2: CORDED, 3: NAILED, 4: PREACH, 5: HEARSE, 6: PANELS, 7: SICKLE, 8: JEONGS, 9: PACINO, 10: RUNDLE, 11: PIRACY, 12: BURTON, 13: HAMILL, 14: STUFFS, 15: CO-STAR, 16: CAMERA, 17: TRI-ACE, 18: IGUANA, 19: TROMPE, 20: DETEST, 21: COBALT, 22: RELAYS, 23: SHEETS, 24: GALORE

The letters in the grey squares, read from top to bottom, spell out PAJAMA SAM



Solver Punjit Sharma said "I'll be honest, I had not heard of Pajama Sam before this. Google search helped.

2 places I got stuck at:
1. Clue ix, I follow football (or soccer, whichever you prefer) a lot and the teams are called clubs so I filled it as soccer club. Thankfully, Luke Skywalker got me back on track. May the force be with you.
2. I couldn't figure out what [FASTBALLS] was. Mostly because I don't follow MLB. The other clues helped.

Anyway, had fun solving."



Solver Sam Levitin says "I like your Mom's taste in pinball machines. :)"

"Will. You. Challenge. Thee. Black. Knight. Again?"

No comments:

Post a Comment