Monday, April 11, 2016

PUZZLE #71: Coined Phrases 2 (Guest Puzzle by Grant Fikes!)

PUZZLE #71
COINED PHRASES 2
Guest Puzzle by Grant Fikes

I know the previous "Coined Phrases" puzzle was only a couple of weeks ago, and I usually spread out puzzles of the same type a lot further apart from each other, but since this will be the first puzzle on this site done by someone else (a Guest Puzzle, if you will), I'm going to make an exception. You see, Grant Fikes of A Cleverly-Titled Logic Puzzle Blog (which will be publishing its 100th Wordy Wednesday puzzle two days after I post this, so be sure to check that out!) created and sent me a "Coined Phrases" puzzle of his own after solving mine (rather quickly, I might add). I asked if it was okay to publish it on this site, and he said "Go ahead", so now here we are!

There is a set of five coins, all of which have one letter on each of their two faces. Each letter appears only once throughout the set, and no two coins share the same letter. Random flips of all the coins have produced six 5-letters words hinted at by the numbered clues. Once all six answers have been solved, use logic and deductive reasoning to figure out the letters that are printed on each coin. Finally, rearrange the coins so that both sides spell out two more 5-letter words that combine to make a two-word phrase.

This week's FINAL ANSWER is a proper name.



1) Egyptian capital
2) They activate cheats in video games
3) House of ____ (part of the UK Parliament)
4) Lubricated, perhaps
5) It can precede "System" or "Panel"
6) Diana, Princess of ____

Once you think you know what the FINAL ANSWER is, send it to either redhead64@chartermi.net or itsredhead64@gmail.com (though I'm more likely to check the second one) and I'll put your name on a solvers list once I post the answers in about two weeks. You can also use those email addresses to give me some comments and feedback (or get a hint from me in exchange for a "hint star", more details for that are on the sidebar to the right) or send me the answer to last week's puzzle, if you haven't already figured it out. If you have a printer and want to solve this puzzle on paper, just head below the break for a version you can print out!

No comments:

Post a Comment