Monday, August 22, 2016

PUZZLE #89: Word Squares: Projectors

PUZZLE #89
WORD SQUARES: PROJECTORS


There are a series of clues whose answers will fit into the provided grid, reading across and down. However, all of the answers are one letter too long to fit in properly, so each one must have either its first or last letter sticking out (or "projecting" out) of the grid. Once you're done, start at the top left and read the "Projectors" either clockwise or counterclockwise to get another word. In the example above, the Projectors spell out SAMPLE.

This week's FINAL ANSWER is the name of a Pokémon you can catch in Pokémon Go.


CLUES
* Bike without pedaling, say
* "Good _____!" (Charlie Brown's catchphrase)
* Prefix for "Galactic"
* "Better in Time" singer Lewis
* Eyelid application
* Television inventor John _____ Baird (Answer hidden in APOLOGIES)
* Actress O'Donnell who voiced Terk in Disney's Tarzan
* Pine (for)

Once you think you know what the FINAL ANSWER is, send it to either redhead64@chartermi.net or itsredhead64@gmail.com (though I'm more likely to check the second one) and I'll put your name on a solvers list once I post the answers in about two weeks. You can also use those email addresses to give me some comments and feedback (or get a hint from me in exchange for a "hint star", more details for that are on the sidebar to the right) or send me the answer to last week's puzzle, if you haven't already figured it out. If you have a printer and want to solve this puzzle on paper, just head below the break for a version you can print out!

2 comments:

  1. I got too much interesting stuff on your blog. I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the good work. projectors under 200

    ReplyDelete