Monday, September 12, 2016

PUZZLE #92: Line 'Em Up 2

PUZZLE #92
LINE 'EM UP 2

This next puzzle is inspired by one of my newest solvers, Chris Hendricks. You see, Chris works at a video game company called Hyper Hippo (best known for the idle game AdVenture Capitalist), and he told me about a game that his company made called Phrase Shift, a variety word puzzle game that's kinda similar to my "Line 'Em Up" puzzle. Unfortunately, it's doing very poorly (less than a hundred people so far have downloaded it through Google Play, for instance), but while I have yet to purchase it myself, it certainly looks like something I'd like to play, and I'd like to get the word out! If you like this type of puzzle, support this project by downloading it through Apple's App Store or Google Play for only US$1.99!

Oh yeah, I don't want to get falsely accused of bribery or anything like that, so I'll add a DISCLAIMER: None of the preceding has been paid for in any way by anyone at Hyper Hippo; I just want to give exposure to a game that desperately needs it. So with that out of the way, here's my latest version of my puzzle that's a lot like that game I've been giving free advertising to:

Place the answers to each numbered clue in the squares to the right of each corresponding number. (a number in brackets following each clue will tell you how many letters are in each answer). Once you have the answers, align them properly in the grid so that going down, a two-word phrase will be spelled out by the two red columns in the grid's center.

This week's FINAL ANSWER is the name of a well-known actor


1) Baby beagles [4]
2) Stellaluna, for one [3]
3) Red Hot Riding Hood animator Avery [3]
4) Horned sea mammal [7]
5) Singer who did "Breathe Me" and "Chandelier" [3]
6) Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides actress Penelope [4]
7) Tiny arch-rival of Mr. Krabs [8]

Once you believe you've figured out the FINAL ANSWER, send it to either redhead64@chartermi.net or itsredhead64@gmail.com (though I'm more likely to check the second one) and I'll put your name on a solvers list once I post the answers in about two weeks. You can also use those email addresses to give me some comments and feedback (or get a hint from me in exchange for a "hint star", more details for that are on the sidebar to the right) or send me the answer to last week's puzzle, if you haven't already figured it out. If you have a printer and want to solve this puzzle on paper, just head below the break for a version you can print out!

No comments:

Post a Comment