Sunday, December 4, 2016

ANSWERS: 4X Game 5: XX/XY 3

As I write this, I'm in the middle of not feeling very well. Mind you, it's not because only four people so far solved my Grant's puzzle from last Monday, but because I've had a bad bug for almost all of this past week. So I'll try to make this short and reveal the solvers for "4X Game 5: XX/XY 3" from thirteen days ago:
  • YYW ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • Eric Maddy ****
  • Lynn Sweeney ****
  • Debbie Benford ****
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Mom ****
  • Brad Eldredge ****
  • Giovanni Pagano ****
Now just head below the break for the answers!


Here are the answers in text format:

X #1: OGRES, SERUM, MURAL, LARGO
X #2: LET 'EM, METIS, SITAR, RATEL
X #3: REMUS, SUMMA, AMMAN, NAMER
Y #4: NADIA, AIDES, SEDAN

The letters in the yellow squares unscramble to spell out SOS, a song title from several artists including ABBA and Rihanna.

...buuut instead of embedding one of those songs here, I'll instead put in a TV commercial that I still remember to this day even though I haven't seen it in over two decades!

Solver YYW initially got SON, but after I informed him it was incorrect, he got the right answer soon afterwards, saying "I just miscounted the corner pairs and reached the N on the right side."

Solver Giovanni Pagano said "Congrats on getting another puzzle published! This one didn't give me a ton of trouble once I got the first X oriented."

Okay, so this song Grant Fikes sent me isn't called "SOS" either, but it does include that word as part of its lyrics!

No comments:

Post a Comment