Sunday, December 11, 2016

ANSWERS: Sudokurossword 2

It's been two weeks since I posted a guest puzzle from Grant Fikes, and as you can see below, there's been a pretty big dip in solvers, at least compared to my usual average number of solvers. Maybe it's because of the holidays and people are too busy to take time off to solve puzzles on this site, maybe this particular puzzle proved too hard for most people, or maybe they just forgot. Whatever the reason, I'd like to remind people that if they so wish, I can send them a weekly email reminder telling them when my latest puzzle has been posted, so email me if you want to take part of this offer. Anyways, here's all four people that have solved this puzzle:
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • Eric Maddy ****
  • YYW ****
  • Giovanni Pagano ***
Now head below the break for the answers and some solver comments!



The letters in the shaded squares, once unscrambled, spell out LOWERCASE


Solver Sam Levitin noticed that "if there had been a change in shading of only 1 letter, you could have made the season-appropriate 9-letter word CASSEROLE. :) :)"

Solver Giovanni Pagano sent me his answer in, appropriately enough, lowercase: "joon pahk style it is. i did need to look up checkmate, but thankfully that helped me get monstrous and chernobyl, so one star off is better than three. thanks to grant for the guest puzzle."

No comments:

Post a Comment