Monday, January 9, 2017

PUZZLE #108: The Sudoku Code

PUZZLE #108
THE SUDOKU CODE

This next puzzle is inspired by an anime! I've been watching various anime for quite a while now (see the answer to "Moving Staircases 2" as proof of that), but I've just started watching it on a more regular basis since only last year when the Winter 2016 season began. One anime that premiered earlier this decade and which I just started watching not too long ago is called Phi Brain. If you want a synopsis, it's a lot like Yu-Gi-Oh, but with puzzles instead of a children's card game. If you're still curious, you can watch all three seasons of the show here at Crunchyroll. Anyways, I'm only a few episodes in at the moment, but I've already been inspired by a puzzle in one of the episodes (episode 3, to be exact) to create a new puzzle for this blog! Let's dig in, shall we?

Fill in the sudoku below using normal rules (the numbers 1-9 appear once in each row, column, and 3x3 box). Once everything has been filled in, use the shaded squares to figure out this week's FINAL ANSWER: A nine-letter word


Once you believe you've figured out the FINAL ANSWER, send it to either redhead64@chartermi.net or itsredhead64@gmail.com (though I'm more likely to check the second one) and I'll put your name on a solvers list once I post the answers in about two weeks. You can also use those email addresses to give me some comments and feedback (or get a hint from me in exchange for a "hint star", more details for that are on the sidebar to the right) or send me the answer to last week's puzzle, if you haven't already figured it out. If you have a printer and want to solve this puzzle on paper, just head below the break for a version you can print out!

No comments:

Post a Comment