Sunday, December 10, 2017

ANSWERS: Anacrossword

Well, this was unexpected. Yesterday, a website called Feedspot sent me an email saying that they've selected me as one of the Top 100 Puzzle Blogs online! I'm #67 on the list, while my buddy Grant Fikes is also on there! Talk about an early Christmas present!



Speaking of Christmas presents, now's the time for me to explain what Christmas Gifts Month is all about: the people who solved my "Anacrossword" puzzle from two weeks ago were asked to request a puzzle type from me, and a whopping ten of you did so! Here are the solvers who did so, as well as the types of puzzles they requested:
  • Grant Fikes **** [A Second Anacrossword]
  • Eric Maddy **** [Crossword]
  • Brittany Trofimovich **** [Brick By Brick]
  • Mom **** [Mixed Doubles]
  • Sam Levitin **** [Meta-Crossword]
  • Debbie Benford **** [Anagram Chambers]
  • Lynn Sweeney **** [Sudokurossword]
  • Chris Hendricks **** [Stretch Letters or a Lucky Sevens variant]
  • Pavel Curtis **** [Diagramless Crossword]
  • Bryce Herdt **** [Waterfall]
Now head below the break for the answers, as well as some comments from two of my solvers!


The resulting sentence reads TO GET ON THE SOLVERS LIST, SEND ME A REQUEST FOR A WORD PUZZLE TYPE FOR ME TO MAKE, AND I'LL PICK FOUR OF THEM FOR THIS DECEMBER.

Patron Grant Fikes said "I thought that would be much tougher from having every answer length used more than once, but the three 9's were obvious and interlocked in only one way. I was able to continue with educated guesses (like STIFFER, FROZEN, HAZE in the upper right and FORTH, RESIGN in the upper left) until most of the phrase was filled in."

Solver Sam Levitin said this regarding the sentence: "Oh goody, holidays come early, and all month." I have no idea if he was being sarcastic or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment