Sunday, April 14, 2019

ANSWERS: Anacrossword 3

No DeviantArt picture this week, so instead, here's a full episode of the game show that inspired this puzzle, courtesy of Wink Martindale's YouTube channel

Thirteen days have passed since I posted "Anacrossword 3" on April Fools' Day, and nine people since then have correctly solved it, as you can see in the list below:
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Joe Bernard ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • Mom ****
  • Stephen Staver ****
  • Eric Maddy ****
  • Chris Hendricks ****
  • Lynn Sweeney ****
  • Dan Simonds ****
Now head below the break for the answers and some solver comments!


The resulting sentence reads IN NINETEEN EIGHTY-THREE, GENE RAYBURN AND JON BAUMAN OF SHA NA NA COHOSTED THE MATCH GAME-HOLLYWOOD SQUARES TRAINWRECK, and the word that replaces that last word is HOUR


Patron Stephen Staver said "I would have been totally happy never knowing about Guy’s Grocery Games. Except now I just really miss Supermarket Sweep…" [Well, at least reruns of that show are still being aired by Buzzr...]

Patron Chris Hendricks said "I loved the clues. Very April Fools appropriate!"

Solver Eric Maddy toyed with me a little bit when giving his answer: "Showpocalypse? Debacle? Embarrassment? (Yeah, I know you're probably looking for "Hour", but I thought I'd have some fun with it...)"

No comments:

Post a Comment