Monday, April 8, 2019

PUZZLE #225: Fronts Off 2

PUZZLE #225
FRONTS OFF 2

I'm not sure if you've noticed, as it might've gotten lost in the shuffle during these past couple of weeks, but I've now started offering .PDF files! So now you have two options for printing out my puzzles! Anyways, I hope you'll make use of these new options, starting with this week's puzzle:

First, find the answers to each clue so that there are two words in each rectangular box. Then change the first letter of each word to the new same letter for both words of a pair to form two new words, and write the new letter in the square box to the left of the rectangle.

Once you're done, read down the boxes to get the FINAL ANSWER: a seven-letter word


1) "Rainbow" fish
    Late-night host Jimmy who made a cameo in Jurassic World
2) Walt Disney's middle name
    _____ cup (plunger part)
3) Chocolate-covered biscuit stick popular in Japan
    With "The", #1 disco instrumental by Van McCoy
4) Pink shade named after a reef material
    Biblical excerpt
5) Fire Emblem character who made his American debut in Super Smash Bros. Melee
    Tilted, like a ramp
6) State capital that's home to the Idaho Aquarium
    London-based news agency founded in 1851
7) What "dog", "frog" and "hog" do
    Partner of hook and line

Once you think you know what the FINAL ANSWER is, send it to either redhead64@chartermi.net or itsredhead64@gmail.com (though I'm more likely to check the second one) and I'll put your name on a solvers list once I post the answers in about two weeks. You can also use those email addresses to give me some comments and feedback (or get a hint from me in exchange for a "hint star", more details for that are on the sidebar to the right) or send me the answer to last week's puzzle, if you haven't already figured it out. If you have a printer and want to solve this puzzle on paper, just head below the break for two versions you can print out: a .PNG and a .PDF!

No comments:

Post a Comment